Frequently Asked Questions¶
Is bebop_autonomy based on ardrone_autonomy?¶
No. ardrone_autonomy is based on Parrot’s legacy SDK for AR-Drone 1.0 and 2.0, while bebop_autonomy uses Parrot’s new SDK for its third generation drones. Since these two SDKs and their underlying protocols are totally different and incompatible, we had to develop bebop_autonomy from scrath.
Is bebop_autonomy compatible with ardrone_autonomy?¶
- Topic names, types and coordinate frame conventions for core piloting tasks are identical, however there is no explicit namespacing (i.e.
- bebop_autonomy does not expose services for Flight Animations or Flat Trim; topics are used instead.
- Front camera video stream is published on
- Parameter names, types and effects are different.
- AR-Drone Navdata is replaced by Bebop States (see States (aka Navdata))